Job Description and Requirements
Under the direct supervision of Maintenance and Technical Superintendent, mechanic is responsible to undertake all preventive, predictive and breakdown maintenance on all Automotive and ancillary equipments owned by Eppco Distribution for safe and uninterrupted product movement. Mechanic is also responsible for up keep of maintenance workshop and its premises clean and as per the laid down policies of QMS, EMS and OHSAS requirements for effective and efficient maintenance system.
I. Principal Accountabilities
(1) Responsible to undertake all preventive predictive and breakdown maintenance on trucks, steel and Aluminium tankers, Emergency Response Vehicle, light and medium duty vehicles after stipulated number of kilometers run by each vehicle.
(2) Responsible to undertake all major repairs works on trucks such as Engine, Gearbox, Axles and Chassis. Also accountable to do all major repairs on Steel and Aluminium tankers to reduce dependency of dealer workshop and minimize maintenance cost.
(3) All maintenance activities to be carried out as per the Vehicle/tankers Manufacturers maintenance Schedule and accountable for up keeping of workshop and its premises clean and as per the laid down requirements of QMS, EMS and OHSAS policies.
(4) Responsible to attend all transit breakdown on 24/7 basis and to be capable to undertake all transit breakdowns in a fast and safely manner to avoid any further delay or unsafe situation on the road.
(5) Responsible to attend all Terminal and tank trucks road emergencies with Emergency Response Vehicle and its equipments on 24/7 basis and accountable to undertake all recovery operations fast and safe in co ordination with Maintenance and Technical Superintendent.
(6) Responsible to do all overhaul and repair works of Electrical installation, trouble shooting, Air Conditioner repair, calibration and repair of Overfill Protection System, Electronic braking system and reversing sensors, Pneumatic and mechanical handrails to ensure less equipment down time and better resources utilization.
(7) Responsible to maintain computerized maintenance management system and updating records against relevant equipment to achieve smooth and controlled maintenance management system.
(8) Responsible to carry out inspection on contractor trucks for compliance of technical and operational requirements to ensure safe product movement.
- Diploma on automobile engineering from a reputed university
- Valid UAE light vehicle driving license heavy driving license is an added advantage.
- 10 years experience in automotive equipment maintenance preferably in petroleum carriers.
- Awareness on international safety system for petroleum carriers.
- Sound technical knowledge of equipment function, diagnosis, trouble shoot and
- Capable for effective team work, analytical and problem solving skills, and effective
- Computer skills.
Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC) LLC
Petrochemicals and Mining
Junior (experienced non-manager)